1) Contact Erply support to enable the “Quantities in Bins API” module on your account.
2) Navigate to the URL https://intral-warehouse-app.herokuapp.com/login and log in with your Erply credentials. Select your warehouse location and click “Choose warehouse”.
3) Select the settings icon.
4) Check the box for “Use product locations in warehouse” and click “Save”.
Other recommended configurations:
5) Within that settings menu, select “ADDRESS MANAGEMENT”.
6) Select either “ADD ADDRESS” to add a new address manually (see step 7a) or “IMPORT ADDRESSES” to add addresses by importing a spreadsheet (see step 7b).
7a) Type a value in the “Name” field. For the standard use case, leave “Type” as “Passive”, leave “Product codes”, “Pickup no”, “Replenishment minimum”, and “Maximum amount” blank, and click “Save”. Repeat for each address that you want to add.
7b) Or, you can create a spreadsheet with the column headers shown in the below screenshot. For the standard use case, populate the name of the address in the “Name” column, populate the text “Passive” in the “Type” column, and leave the other columns blank. Then select the spreadsheet by clicking “Choose File” and click the “Import” button.
1) When a purchase order is received, that stock is automatically placed at the “Receiving area” address. To move that stock to a different address, first select “PLACE PRODUCTS”.
2) Select “MOVE PRODUCTS FROM RECEIVING AREA TO WAREHOUSE ADDRESS”.
3) Type or scan the code of the product that you want to move and select “Ok”.
4) The app will display the product name and the amount that is currently in the receiving area. Enter the destination address, the amount that you want to move to that address, and select “Ok”.
5) The app will display a summary of the movement that took place. Select “Ok” to return to the “PLACE PRODUCTS” menu.
1) Select “PRODUCTS OUT”.
2) Select “ISSUE ORDERS”.
3) Either enter the order number and select “BEGIN”, or select “SHOW FULFILLABLE ORDERS” to choose from a list.
4) Scan or type the product code, the quantity that is being pulled, and the warehouse address. The items on the order are listed at the bottom, along with every warehouse address at which they are stored. When you are done scanning, select “End work”.
5) To create an invoice containing all of the scanned items, click “Products out,invoice to client”.